Wednesday 17 September 2014

Alexandra Wastebusters by Danielle Croy

“Yay” I said to Amelia we are here. I raced across to the other end of the bus. “Thank you” I cheerfully said to the bus driver as I got off.  I could smell the disgusting stench of rubbish all over the dirty ground YUCK!. It smelt like mouldy cheese.

I saw all of the rubbish all over the ground, crunch, crunch went the rubbish under our feet. Broken up bits of milk bottles crushed into the dirt.   I could see all the rubbish stacked in big piles.  There were bundles of cardboard, broken up cars, and piles of old wood scraps.

Boom... streak,  a big hand with sharp teeth like a claw grabbed the pile of rubbish and dumped it on to the pile of other rubbish. Crashing down with a loud thump.

We walked around to a big container,  it was full of empty beer bottles all different colours, shapes and sizes.  The big blue container was almost
full and ready to be shipped off to Singapore, where more glass bottles would be made.

It was now time to board the bus and head back to school, I learnt a lot about our rubbish and where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment