Thursday 18 September 2014

Sustainability at Home by Sian Crichton

My family works hard to care for our environment.

Marnie and I both walk to school every morning, and walk back home every afternoon.

Since my Mum rolled her ankle, she has to drive to get to work, but before that she has been walking every day.

My Dad grows his own veggies, and often let's me take some home for Mum to cook.

My half step-dad is very careful about what goes in the recycling bin, making sure that only things that can be recycled go into the green bin. We put in things like coke cans, milk bottles, tissue boxes and lots more.

Instead of using power by the heat pump, we use the fire, which is only put on if it is really cold.

When paper is unwanted when the printer doesn't print properly or drawings are discarded, I put it back into the printers print box so that the other side can be reused again.

Small clothes, old toys, read books or small shoes get put into a box and are taken to my 7 year old half step-sister Fay.

Before school, Marnie and I are in charge of turning off the power, including lights and switching off the TV.

Mum had the idea of having a recycling bin for inside. It's for the smaller recyclable things like tissue boxes, junk mail and magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment